Friday, February 13, 2009

Success!


Finally Grace went pee pee in the potty. She didn't care about praise she just wanted her books back. I'm off to the book store to find books with pictures of kids on potties. I know to put her on every time she wakes up, but that's it. Friends, share with me! What's my next step? I know about thick panties and stickers, but should I put her on every 2 hours or wait for that. I'm getting ready for no more diapers by March 15th. I'm really not putting too much pressure on the situation, but want to give it a real try before I say she's too young.Too cute. I didn't realize that after she pees I have to take care of it. Gross. I need my biohazard gloves and suit. I just dump and rinse, right? I also sprayed with lysol.

2 comments:

mama cow said...

I just got an insert that goes on the big potty so all I have to do is flush. Here is some other advice for you. DO NOT QUIT! You have started now you have to finish if you give up and do it again later it just confuses them. I also am a big believer in letting them tell you when they have to go instead of asking them every 30 minutes if they have to go potty. You are only potty training yourself if you do that. Other things you can do are pump her full of fiber and salty snacks and gatorade. You know what the fiber does :) the salty snacks will make her thirsty so she will drink a lot. And the gatorade will help her have to pee more often. If you just take about two days and focus on eating peeing and pooping she will be well on her way to recognizing what her body is telling her and then she will tell you. Really call me if you want me to come over I would be willing to walk you through the first day. I also have two potty girls that would be so excited to show her how to do it. You can do it!!

Kristin said...

How old is she again? You're so brave to do this. I swear my 2 potty trained ones did it completely on their own when they were ready. Of course, that wasn't until they were a little over 3, but, I wasn't in a rush. I waited until they were somewhat interested in the potty, and then I would encourage them by bribing them with stuff. Stickers, pennys, candy, stuff doctor's would probably tell you not to do. But it worked. And by me not putting pressure on them and letting them do it when they were ready, neither one ever had an accident after they went into panties. I've heard so many stories of moms making their children learn before they were ready, and then they'd get into panties and have multiple accidents. I agree with mama cow, definitely do not give up, but keep up with the low pressure approach! Good luck! :)