Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Joys of Homeownership

Termites! 2 different species. Aren't we lucky?
New windows. It was an awful process with an amazing result. They had to saw the metal frames, bust out the windows and it sounded like a horror film. I had to be home for the whole thing to keep them honest. I actually snuck out for a few hours each day to take Grace for a nap at grma/grpa's house. We had 14 windows and one of them is this whole wall.
They catch all the broken glass on a blanket. We have found so many pieces of glass everywhere. We vacuum but it's never ending. I wish you could hear it. It was undescribably the most blood curling sound. We would just huddle in the back room and cringe during the crashing. It sounds like I'm kidding, but I'm not.
Some of the positives are sheds and chicken coops and space.
And gardens!! The eggplant was delicious in omelets and dipped in egg, french toast style. The peppers are deformed but yummy. The best thing so far, was the tomato that got eaten with posing for the camera first. I've never had a garden before. I didn't care for the hours of hand watering at first, but now it's automatic. Our swiss chard is taller than Grace. I'll have to get a picture of that.

No comments: