Friday, January 4, 2008

"This isn't Santa Claus' Church" and thumbs down

My end of year primary class party. After being together 2 yrs (Sunbeams and CTR 5), we needed a good gala. We had a blast eating pizza and ice cream, making cookies, watching a Christmas Nativity movie and making reindeer candy canes. I get my new class this Sunday. I was actually their substitute this year so I'm excited to get a manual, pictures and an official roll.
I know inside jokes aren't funny to all, but I have to share. Mason wins the quote of the year for his comment during my lesson on who's church this is. If it's Christ's Church then it will have His name and it does! Mason out of the blue yells, "This isn't Santa Claus' Church" shaking his finger and his head with attitude and pride that he got the point.
Every lesson in the manual seems to have a true/false, good/bad ring to it. So we play the thumbs up or down game each week. One Sunday in closing exercises, I saw one of my kids turn around and say to the class behind him, "SSHHHH, too noisy, thumbs down." I love it when a 4 yr old gets the point. Tahlia would lead us in our "warm ups" neck stretches learned from gymnastics and then I read the roll (in a New Orleans/Southern Belle accent) They love it!! I'll spare you the rest of the details from my fabulous years with my primary kids. All but 2 are the oldest in their families so they are great with Grace and are still teaching her to fold her arms during prayers.

No comments: